Is my car covered under Florida’s Lemon Laws? Does it matter if it’s used rather than new? How old can it be and with how many miles?
Florida Lemon Law covers:
- New or demonstrator vehicles sold in the state of Florida
- New or demonstrator vehicles leased in the state of Florida
- Vehicles transferred from one consumer to another during the first 24 months after delivery to the original buyer; if both parties used the vehicle for family, household or personal business only
The Lemon Law Does NOT Cover:
- Trucks weighing more than 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight;
- Off-road vehicles;
- Vehicles which are purchased for purposes of resale;
- Motorcycles and mopeds;
- The living facilities of Recreation Vehicles.
The warranty period ends 24 months after the date of the vehicle’s original delivery to the consumer.
We recommend visiting the Florida State Attorney General’s website for more detailed information.