How to Report Fraud in Wisconsin

To report fraud in the state of Wisconsin, start with the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau or contact the local municipal, state or Federal regulators most likely to have answers to your questions.

Office of the Attorney General

Attorney General: V.B. Van Hollen

Wisconsin Department of Justice

P.O. Box 7857

Madison, WI 53707-7857

Phone: 608-266-1221

Fax: 608-267-2779

DOJ Office of Consumer Protection

800-998-0700 or 608-266-1852

Report Welfare Fraud in Wisconsin

To report Public Assistance Fraud: Public Fraud Contacts

Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Public Assistance Fraud

PAF Mailing Address

Public Assistance Fraud Unit

Bureau of Program Integrity

P.O. Box 309

Madison, WI 53701-309

HUD Field Office

Milwaukee Field Office

310 West Wisconsin Avenue, Room 1380

Milwaukee, WI 53203-2289

Phone: 414-297-3214

Fax: 414-297-3947

HUD Regional Office

Chicago Regional Office

Ralph Metcalfe Fed Building

77 West Jackson Boulevard

Chicago, IL 60604-3507

Phone: 312-353-5680

Fax: 312-886-2729

Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions

WCA Section

Consumer Complaint Forms:

Online Complaint Form

123 West Washington Avenue

P.O. Box 8041

Madison, WI 53708-8041

Toll-Free: 800-452-3328

Phone: 608-264-7969

Fax: 608-264-7968

Nationally Chartered Credit Union

Region IV – Austin

4807 Spicewood Springs Rd., Suite 5200

Austin, TX 78759-8490

Phone: 512-342-5600

Fax: 512-342-5620

State-Chartered Credit Unions

Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions

PO Box 14137, 3rd Floor

Madison, WI 53714-0137

Phone: 608-261-9543

Fax: 608-267-0479

Savings & Loan Association or Savings Bank

Office of Thrift Supervision

Consumer Complaints and Inquiries

Email: [email protected]

Midwest Region – Dallas

225 E. John Carpenter Freeway, Suite 500

Irving, Texas 75062-2326

Phone: 972-277-9500

Complaints: 800-842-6929

National Fair Housing Alliance

National Contact: E-mail: [email protected]

1212 New York Avenue, NW Ste 525

Washington, DC 2005

Phone: 202-898-1661

Fax: 202-371-9744

State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation & Licensing

Wisconsin Real Estate Board

PO Box 8935

Madison, WI 53708-8935

Phone: 608-266-2112

Wisconsin Real Estate Appraisers Board

PO Box 8935

Madison, WI 53708-8935

Phone: 608-266-2112

Wisconsin Better Business Bureau (BBB)

Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 414-847-6000

Fax: 414-302-0355

10101 W. Greenfield Ave., Ste. 125

Milwaukee WI 53214

Internet Crime Complaint Center

IC3’s mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding
the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and
easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations.
For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level, IC3
provides a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crimes.

Better Business Bureau

The Better Business Bureau (BBB) system in the U.S. extends across the nation; coast-to-coast, and in
Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico. Since the founding of the first BBB in 1912, the BBB system has proven
that the majority of marketplace problems can be solved fairly through the use of voluntary self-regulation
and consumer education.

Notify of
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Jill MacRae
8 years ago

I am searching to report fraud within my school district, where?who do I report this to? Thank you! Jill

8 years ago

If your school is commiting fraud and they are a public school. Contact the state department of education and make a formal complaint in writing

8 years ago

Can someone run a landscaping business with out permits,no valid drivers license,no insurance and. No tax ID number in wiscinisn

7 years ago

Can a single parent receive w-2 cash benefits or afdc if their children are staying with the other parent?

Jessica Torstenson
7 years ago

Someone that does not reside with me is using my address to have a qlink wireless cell phone can I do something abut this